Information we collect when you visit our website
- If you contact Pingtumi directly via one of our contact email addresses, we will collect all of the information you submit to us. This may include your email address, phone number, name and any content submitted in the email including various forms of text, audio, images or video files.
- If you visit the Pingtumi website, we may anonymously collect information that is not readily visible to you or provided directly by you. This may include your browser type and version, access device type, IP address, URL of your originating and destination website.
Information we collect from the Pingtumi mobile app on your mobile device
If you sign up for the Pingtumi service directly via our mobile app, we will collect your name, username, email address and location address (as provided by you).
- If you use the Pingtumi service after signing up, we may collect the following information:
- Your age, gender, relationship status, zip or postal code. This information is voluntary and you are not required to provide it.
- Any content you add to a notification whether in text, audio, image or video form
- Your profile photo and background profile image.
- The notifications you create and the times the notifications are scheduled and sent.
- Your location if you choose to send or receive location based notifications or add map to your notification.
- The notification invitations you send to others.
- The notifications you subscribe to.
- The notifications you block.
- The weblinks or URLS you include in notifications.
- Your customization preferences including quite hours.
- The notifications you receive from others.
- The content of the emails you send to us including bug reports or feedback suggestions.
- The version of the Pingtumi app you have installed on your mobile device
- Information regarding the type of device you are using to access the Pingtumi service. This could include make, model, and operating system.
How we use your information
The information you provide directly or indirectly via our website or mobile app may be used to:
- Send, track and receive notifications.
- Enhance our understanding of the demographics and preferences of our user base.
- Identify and resolve technical problems.
- Communicate directly with you.
- Monitor and improve the quality of our service.
- Provide personalized recommendations of notifications that you may find valuable.
- Develop and perform targeted advertising.
- Develop and test new service features.
- Respond to feedback on the quality of our software or enhancements to the service.
- Help us store frequently used information so you don’t have to re-enter the same information repeatedly.
- Identify abusers of the service or those who do not adhere to the terms of service.
Sharing of your information
Pingtumi does not sell or rent or trade your personal data with third parties unless you authorize us to do so. Pingtumi may however share your information with third parties if it enables those third parties to provide services that are important to the operation of the Pingtumi service. This may include but is not limited to third party service providers that specialize in:
- Billing and account reconciliation.
- Email dissemination.
- Customer support.
- Identity verification.
- Fraud detection and prevention.
- Data backup and storage.
From time to time, we may remove elements of our data that can be directly traced back to you. In these instances, we may share anonymized aggregated data with third party service providers.
Pingtumi may be required to disclose your data and information with federal, state and international government agencies if required by law or in the course of a court order, judicial proceeding or legal dispute.
Storage of your information
The information you provide to Pingtumi is currently stored on servers located in the United States but may be stored or processed in other countries in which our third party service providers operate.
From time to time, Pingtumi may transfer your personal information to servers that may not be located in the country in which you reside. Please note that these countries may not have the same data protections laws and regulations as the country in which you currently reside.
Protection of your information
Pingtumi uses commercially reasonable protection technology to keep your information secure. This includes the encryption of your password. Information transmitted between the Pingtumi app and the server is also performed via a secure SSL tunnel. Pingtumi however does not guarantee the protection of information transmitted over the Internet nor do we guarantee that information stored on our servers or those of third parties we have a business relationship with will never be breached. We strongly advise that you do not upload content or create notifications that you would consider highly confidently or would be embarrassed if viewed by others not approved by you.
Retention of your information
Pingtumi retains your data for as long as your account is active and in good standing. At any time during the use of the Pingtumi service, you can delete your entire account or specific notifications. When you delete your account, all your personal information including sent and received notifications are deleted and we no longer have access to such data. If you choose to delete specific notifications that you sent, those notifications will also be deleted. Please note that notifications created by you and shared by other users of the service via, text, email or other forms of communication are not in our possession and as such will not be deleted. Audio and video notifications downloaded on the devices of users of the service are not accessible by us and as such, cannot be deleted by Pingtumi.
We strongly advise that you not create and send notifications that you may someday wish to have permanently deleted from all public records as this may not be feasible.